Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pastel Palm Fronds

I wasn't really sure what I wanted to make today. (No pressure, it's Saturday.)
I knew I wanted to play around with a new set of markers and I had a 3 color palette in my head to experiment with - but I didn't know what exactly to draw. After a bit of time spent fumbling around my sketchbooks, I started to draw out long lines with the markers, overlapping and weaving around eachother. And then it hit me, "Palm fronds!"

I cut a few pieces of watercolor paper to a smaller size and starting drawing.






I am still in love with pastels and was really hoping for a sunset-type resulting mesh of colors, but I think the pinky browns I went with ended up being just a bit too earthy and not as vibrant as I was hoping. It was a good exercise though -- now I have a much clearer idea of where I want this Saturday afternoon to go.
Off to make more coffee!!!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment