Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sunprints Up North!

I just returned from a wonderful week up in Michigan -- filled with flowers, arts (see follow-up post on our museum trips) and delicious craft beer.

We started out in Lansing after attending the 2014 Common Ground Music Festival, which was an absolute blast. AND I got to see Braid. Success!

How beautiful is this stage?

We stayed an extra day in East Lansing to walk around the MSU campus (where my husband and I met/graduated) and to make our way over to the new art museum. I'll cover that trip in an additional post shortly :)

From there it was off to Grand Rapids, where we met with more friends, visited Founders (finally), the UICA and a shop I've been dying to see; Have Company.  Truly a wonderful (and very full) day.

Once back in Ann Arbor, I decided to walk around my parents yard photographing plants and thinking about how I wanted to play with the Sunprint kit I brought up with me.

My parents have a 'butterfly garden' attached to their regular garden. I love all the thistles and resident bees!


Pretty fun dead rose leaf. 

I ended up convincing the husband, my brother and his girlfriend as well as my mom into making a few sunprints with me, so it turned into an awesome group project. We made a mess.






We're back in Florida now, and I'm busy updating, sketching, printing... all those things I couldn't get to while away. We had a wonderful trip - but it's always so nice to be home :)



No comments:

Post a Comment